The Giglio Theatre Dance Players Photo Gallery
Even in the early years of the Seattle Theatre School of Dance, Giovanni and Henriette Giglio put on very high quality recitals, fully staged with painted scenery, lighting and costuming. And the dancers performed choreography for which they were well-trained and rehearsed. For a number of years the recitals were held in June at the Women’s Century Club Theatre just off Broadway on Roy Street.
1. Giovanni and Henriette Giglio, school and company directors, teachers, choreographers
2. Stage full of elves, dress rehearsal for 1951 recital
3. Publicity photo for a Christmas show, 1956
4. Jolly Instruments, Music: George Kleinsinger 1956/57
5. Rhapsody in Blue ballet presented live on KCTS TV, 1957
6. Ladies of the Press, number from a stage show at the Catholic church in Wallingford, 1957
7 & 8 The school recitals were popular and often played to ‘sold out’ audiences
Jun 23, 1955 North Central Outlook, p.6 “Dance Production is ‘All Sold Out’ "
Jun 20, 1957 North Central Outlook, p.6 Take Three Guys featuring Theatre Dance Players, photo from the Rhapsody in Blue Ballet, "Sold Out"
9. Theatre Dance Players gave many performances through the Green Lake C. of C. including Open houses, Christmans shows and the Miss Green Lake pageants, (North Central Outlook, July 5, 1956, p.1)
10 & 11 "Classic Ballet" and "Musical Comedy" photos from a school brochure, late 50s
14. Jose Greco Invites the Giglio Dancers to perform as encore to his show, Seattle Opera House 1968
15. Dress rehearsal for the June recital held at the Roosevelt High School auditorium,
Giovann Giglio is on the left, 1966
16. This photo of 4 very graceful dancers has an unintended comic effect when you observe the legs of the two center dancers: an optical illusion.
18. Giglios to travel Spain, 1972
Photo upper right: A Sunday Special from Bill Speidel’s Seattle Guide, Dec 1-9, 1967
Here are names of the Giglio Theatre Dance Players as taken from programs and newspaper clippings. Please contact me for additions or corrections to this list (See "comments" section below)
Carma Joy Brumble
La Von King
A few school adsSeattle Times Sep 16, 56, p.23
North Central Outlook, appears Aug 21, 1969 through Sept 25, 1969
North Central Outlook ads
Dec 20, 1967 p.13 Dancers trimming the Giglios'Chrismas tree
Aug 26, 1965 p.4, photo of 4 dancers; ad repeats Sep 2, p.4
May 27, 1959 p.4 School ad with 4 little swans repets in later issues
Jul 11, 1967 p.15, From Columbine ballet
Aug 14, 1966 p.5, Photo from Les Patineurs (the skaters) ad repeats in later issues
Pre 1960 School ad, Giovani Gigio and Henriette Hansen prior to their marriage